Thursday, October 12, 2006

Best bets

Last week: 3-0!
Year to date: 4-4

Yeah, well I hate to brag, but in case everyone forgot to notice, I went a perfect 3-0 in my football selections last week. Of course that comes after the 0-3 debacle of the week prior, so it appears as if I’m hit or miss.

Either way, I believe the success has to do with the Minnesota pick and the reasoning behind it (Todd Zolecki and Bob Dylan went there). From what I can gather, that type of logic is how the pros pick ‘em.

Anyway, let’s get busy on this weekend’s slate:

  • Eagles plus 3 over Saints
    I’m going back to the well with the Eagles after they had a strong showing against Dallas last Sunday. Conventional wisdom would indicate that the Eagles are due for a letdown, but I don’t do anything the easy way. I also don’t understand the concept behind conventional wisdom, so take the Birds and the points.

  • Clemson minus 44 over Temple
    If Temple wins this game it will go down as the greatest upset in the history of upsets. But since we all have seen what has happened with Temple over the past three decades, we know there is no chance of that happeining. However, Temple could cover that gigantic, six TD spread.

    Don’t count on it.

    I heard on the radio while driving home from Starbucks that the BCS releases its first poll this weekend. That means Clemson, ranked No. 12 and already sporting a loss, will have to show-off in order to climb the charts. That means they will have to run it up. That’s bad news for Temple.

    Besides, Clemson is 14-3 against the spread in its last 17 night games.

  • Michigan minus 6 over Penn State
    The theme is the local teams this week. Night games, too, since Temple plays on Thursday night on TV. Since this is a prime time game and Michigan is really much, much better than Penn State, call it the lock of the week. If I knew how to do tricky web programming, I’d place a big bolted lock where the bullet is.

    Take ‘em to the bank, folks. I’m hot.

    Labels:

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    © 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved