Sunday, October 08, 2006

5 weeks to go

Best week yet. Either I'm getting stronger or my loops are getting shorter. Nonetheless, with five weeks to go I'm kind of torn -- I want the race to hurry up and get here so I can be done, yet I also want more time to train.

Anyway:

Monday - 20.4 miles in 2:21:31
Good run. I went without my orthotics because they were stolen, but I felt OK though my left calf was a little achy. If I feel like I did today on marathon day, look out.

Tuesday - 17 miles in 1:56:48
Started out nice and easy at a solid pace and then ran three miles in 18:33 after already running 13. I feel really strong over the distance.

Wednesday - 13.1 miles in 1:31:59
Easy, easy run after two hard ones in a row and a morning on the golf course. I picked it up a tiny bit but nothing better than 6:30 pace. I also sweated a lot because of the humidity.

Thursday - 18 miles in 2:03:00
Didn't plan on running so far, but I was out there, felt good, so what the hell? I ran pretty strong over the final eight miles and took the pace between 6:15 and 6:30. Plus, the weather was nearly perfect aside from the occasional headwind. Lots and lots of fun.

Friday - 15.3 miles in 1:41:17
Felt pretty strong and kept a steady pace the entire time. Could have run harder, too. Just an enjoyable run. It's as simple as that.

Saturday - 14.5 miles in 1:45:29
Just an easy run. Nothing more to tell about this one. I just did the work and tried to stay strong because I had no speed at all.

Sunday - 7 miles in 46:32
I feel strong and smooth. I could have really run today, but I'm not going to skip an easy day.

105.3 miles for the week. 5 weeks to go with 12 straight week at 100 miles or better. That could be my record even though I averaged more than 100 miles a week during 1998.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved