Thursday, October 05, 2006

This and that

Ever since the baseball season ended, I've been asked by more than a few people what I have planned -- as if I only have to work when the baseball season is in bloom.

I wish.

Seriously, I plan on staying busy with our web site at CSN -- a.k.a. the Little Engine that Could. I also plan on branching out by writing about anything and everything that catches my fancy. Hey, I'm no one-trick pony.

Hopefully, I can complete a few creative projects I've been working on as well as some longer fiction. As far as writing goes, developing those creative ideas and working out new and interesting ideas and concepts is my short and long-term goal.

As far as sports goes, keep checking back here to be updated on my observation and musing on baseball and everything else. I don't plan on closing up shop just because the seasons change. Not at all. The NFL is heating up and another NHL season is underway. Plus, the NBA and Big 5 are just around the corner. Most interestingly -- to me, anyway -- is the Fall marathon season, which will feature a big -time race in new York and Chicago. In fact, the NYC marathon could have its deepest field ever.

Along those lines, the big Harrisburg Marathon is set for Nov. 12. Let's hope for nice temperatures, no rain and a tailwind.

Elsewhere, the Phillies Scribes Football League is heading for the midway point of the season with the Lancaster entry leading in the points category... if only we can string a few more victories in there, too.

Besides, baseball season never really ends anymore. It just enters different phases.

So, yeah, it will be busy around here. A little less rushed, but busy nonetheless.

Etc.
Kenny Moore's biography on legendary Oregon track coach and Nike co-founder, Bill Bowerman, is excellent. So much so that the book is difficult to put down and I haven't even gotten to the deep Nike or Prefontaine parts yet.

I also picked up Bob Woodward's latest on the strength of the reviews and the fact that I really enjoyed his Nixon and Watergate epics. Yes, there was a time when I thought I was going to be a presidential historian.

Someday.

On another note, Jonathan Safran Foer's first two novels still haunt me. Wow, he can write.

Is that really Keith Jones as the analyst for Flyers telecasts? You mean he's watching the entire game? We'll dig deeper into that one soon.

Check this out -- a story about how bad the Philadelphia fans are in The New York Times and not a single mention of Santa Claus.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved