Sunday, October 01, 2006

6 weeks to go

Another one down, six more to go until Harrisburg.

Monday - 20 miles in 2:20:36.
Weird run. I had to make a pit stop and that cost me a half hour after running 3.5 miles, and then my calf and hamstring (mostly my calf) ached a bit and got tired during the second half. I was going at a decent pace, but for some reason I slowed down.

Tuesday - 16.3 miles in 1:49:59.
Had some more problems with my stomach but ran the second half really well. Actually, did the final nine miles in 57:51. My calf/knee/hamstring didn't hurt so much either. Must have been the ibuprofen.

Wednesday - 16.3 miles in 1:48:56.
Couldn't keep the faster pace throughout the final nine miles, but as a whole, I ran better than yesterday. I also went in for some ART on my right calf. Ran the final nine miles in 58:06.

Thursday - 16 miles in 1:50:11.
Just relaxed and ran.

Friday - 5.4 miles in 36:59.
Just a late easy 5 after a long day of tiredness. I didn't get home until 5 a.m. this morning from Washington. The game I was writing about didn't start until 11:30 p.m. and I spent the entire day trying to rest.

Saturday - 2 miles warmup followed by 13.1 miles in 1:23:29.
Wanted to run 6-minite miles the entire time, but the course was extremely difficult. In fact, the downhills were so extreme that I had to walk down them. Lots of twists and turns and there wasn't one half mile without a rise of decline. Nevertheless, it was a good effort.

Sunday - 11.5 miles in 1:22:59.
Calves felt a little tight from running hard over the hills yesterday. My feet were also a little tender from the blisters, too. I didn't run any pickups and pretty much just sat back and ran easy.

100.6 miles for the week. Six weeks to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved