Friday, September 29, 2006

Best bets

After the 1-1 opening week (2-0 selecting winners), I'm going to mix in a college game with this week's football choices.

Ready?

Take Vanderbilt and give up the 34 points to Temple. There's nothing about the Owls early efforts that suggest that they will score another point for the rest of the season.

Around these parts, people go crazy for Penn State despite the fact that many of them have no affiliation with the school. I guess it's those flashy white helmets that makes sports' fans swoon. Anyway, Penn State is giving 19 1/2 points to Northwestern this weekend, and since everyone I know who went to school at the coldest (temperature, not attitude) campus in America are really nice people, I suggest avoiding this game.

Don't touch it with a big stick.

In the NFL, take Miami giving the three points to Houston, as well as Jacksonville minus 2 1/2 over Washington because Mark Brunell stinks.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Motorboat Jones said...

Thanks, franco. I do enjoy the web and the blog. I'm glad you do, too.

Sat Sep 30, 04:19:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved