Thursday, August 31, 2006

Baseball Reference continues to boggle the mind

The great Baseball Reference web site just got even more amazing with the addition of each teams' batting order for every game of a particular season. I haven't dug in to see how far back they go, but here's the batting order the Phillies sent out there during the 1979 season, and here's the link from the Baseball Reference blog explaining the new feature.

Baseball Reference, of course, is run and owned by local guy Sean Forman, an assistant professor in mathematics and computer science at Saint Joseph's University.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty positive that I have referred to Forman's site at least once a day and definitely every time I'm in a press box at a game. I'm also certain that others can make these claims, too.

So kudos to Dr. Forman. His great site never ceases to amaze.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved