Sunday, August 20, 2006

12 weeks to go

Here is last week's training regime for the Harrisburg Marathon on Nov. 12. A few readers have asked for my training plans so I will be publishing them here every week. So, without much more fanfare, here's the week of Aug. 14 to 20:

Hills, hills, roads and more hills this week. Did all of my runs over the hilliest loops with plenty of fartlek. Here it is:

Monday: 20 miles in 2:22. A little slow but I ran those hills.

Tuesday: 14.4 miles easy in 1:40. Hills.

Wednesday: 14 miles in 1:37. Cruised. Did I mention hills?

Thursday: 15 miles over hills with 3x1-mile in 5:30. This was a good one.

Friday: 15.6 miles easy. Hamstrings were a little tight.

Saturday: 14.2 miles in cruise control. A few surges here and there and some hills.

Sunday: 7.6 miles in an easy 53:04. Even wore my racing shoes for the first time in forever. I'd love to find another pair of Nike Air Mariahs in size 11 1/2 or 12, but I imagine they are hard to find.

Weekly total: 100.8 miles. Fourth straight week at 100 miles. 12 weeks to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved