Saturday, January 13, 2007

Live Blog Saturday! a.k.a. Sabado Gigante!

I’m going to try some live blog posts during the Eagles game, which is a first. It’s a first because aside from the old days in pads nearly 20 years ago, I’ve forgotten more about football than I know. The biggest thing I remember is the yelling from the coaches. I can’t stand yelling. Why yell when I was standing so close and a normal conversational voice would have done just as well?

Besides, it’s not like I didn’t know I messed up. Did they really think I needed them yelling about it? Luckily I was well adjusted enough not to let it affect my self-esteem. Plus, little did those coaches realize at the time that I will soon parody them in some skewering creative writing projects.

Looks like I get the last laugh.

Speaking of last laughs, the game-time news coming out of New Orleans is that wide receiver Joe Horn will not play for the Saints tonight. Neither will Lito Sheppard for the Eagles, but we already knew that.

Nevertheless, I’m going to focus on the football here, because I don’t profess to be one of those guys who knows everything about sports. In fact, I don’t even like sports. Just baseball and running, though the running has been a bit of a struggle for me lately. I think my legs (and mind) are tired.

Perhaps I need some motivation – anyone know a coach that can come over and yell at me?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved