Friday, October 27, 2006

Best bets

Last week: 2-1
Year-to-date: 8-5-1

I almost forgot about the football picks for this week. With the World Series and running workouts reaching a fever pitch, it’s amazing that I forgot to brag about the 7-1-1 record over the last three weeks. And here’s the best part – this knowledge is free. Anyone who wants a football pick only has to check this site, or, email me. I’ll even go off the board, one-on-one, for those who need the help.

Anyway, here we go:

Eagles minus 4 over Jacksonville
The logic on this one is that the Eagles lost two straight games on last-second kicks and desperately need a victory. Plus, Jacksonville’s quarterback is banged up and coming off a bad game. Sure, people tell me the Jags’ backup is decent, but aren’t they all? Nevertheless, this one could be the easiest win of the year for the Eagles.

Giants plus 1 over Cleveland
I don’t know… the line looks good. Plus, I have Tiki Barber on my fantasy team. That’s reason enough, right?

ed. note: it turns out that the New York on the odds sheet I was looking at was the Jets not the Giants. Apparently, there is more than one New York team even though the only team in the NFL that actually plays any games in that state is Buffalo. In that case, I love that Chad Pennington dude. Go Jets. J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Colts plus 2½ over Denver
There has been a lot of snow in Colorado this week, which probably means the Broncos have been practicing indoors. The Colts are a dome team and always practice indoors (I don’t know if this is fact, but it sounds right) so that makes it all even. Add in the fact that it’s expected to be a temperate 64-degrees and dry in Denver on Sunday, which makes it feel like the indoors, and it’s still level.

Huh?

Just go with the Colts.

For the record, my favorite football picker is Jeff Johnson, who wrote excellent prognostications for McSweeney's. I don't think he does much of it anymore, but the old stuff is really good and worth the read for those who like good writing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo John, the Giants are playing Tampa Bay this weekend, not the Browns, they don't even play the Browns this year because the NFC East plays the AFC South.

Fri Oct 27, 02:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Motorboat Jones said...

Duh... I guess the New York on the odds sheet were the Jets. In that case, I guess I'm taking the Jets.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Fri Oct 27, 03:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved