Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Drink coffee... now!

Earlier this year I came to terms with something that had been troubling me for quite some time, and that's my addiction -- yes, addiction -- to caffeine. What I realized is that it's time for me to quit trying to quit caffeine.

The monkey can not be shaken.

Of course, like any self-respecting caffeine addict, the delivery of the intoxicant to my blood stream is very important. Anything other than diet coke, green tea and the true nectar of the gods, coffee, is a waste of time.

So it was a delight to see the top e-mailed story in The New York Times today was one about the health benefits that come from drinking coffee. In fact, coffee just might have more antioxidants than drinking green tea, and green tea has been proven in some circles to stop some forms of cancer.

So drink up, people. Have all the coffee and tea you like... just have that one healthful glass of wine to help you get rid of those shakes and get to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved