Sunday, September 17, 2006

8 weeks to go

Had some trouble with my calf and hamstring that seemed to effect my knee. Luckily, I had an ART appointment already set up so I only missed one workout. In the interim, I've gotten serious about stretching (with yoga) and my pre-run warmup. So far so good.

Monday - 21.3 miles in 2:25:40. Started out around 7-minute pace and then got into 6:50ish before bringing it home in 6:20. Good run... I wish they could all be like the second half of this run.

Tuesday - 20.2 miles. First run: 12.2 miles in 1:28:45; Second run: 8 miles in 55:35. Knee area started to hurt today. Once I warmed up it was OK, especially on second run when I ran 5:50 miles for alst three miles.

Wednesday - took the day off to rest calf and hamstring. Started doing yoga in this morning.

Thursday - 17.5 miles in 2:02:07. The running part was easy. I liked running the distance and it seems like it's no problem just to go out and run all day.

Friday - 15.3 miles in 1:47:20. Had to do a decent warmup before running. Also went in for some ART treatment this morning. In order to keep running I have to stretch and do the ART and yoga stuff. Otherwise, I ran OK once I got going even though it was pouring down rain.

Saturday - 16.3 miles in 1:50:50. Calves and hammys didn't bother me as much as the past few days, though they still are not 100 percent. Either way, I ran well in some stretches, mixing in fartlek with some hills and other good stuff. Ran the final nine in sub-6:30 pace and it was really easy.

Sunday - 11.1 miles in 1:15:57. As soon as my calf and hamstring got warmed up I felt great. It's just a pain getting it warmed up and it's a pain when it's not warmed up. Nonetheless, ran some uptempo miles at the end and they felt pretty good.

Anyway, that's 101.1 miles for the week. Not bad, but it was the toughest week yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2006 - John R. Finger - all rights reserved